The LAU Advantage - Our goal is to provide creative solutions, superior response and high levels of service to insureds that allow them to manage or reduce single-transaction and portfolio risks while enhancing their own marketing programs.
LAU's principals bring to potential clients and their brokers over 150 years of underwriting experience in the international credit and political risk insurance markets as well as international trade finance.
Though our primary focus is Latin America and the Caribbean and their trading partners, we can also provide coverage of risks worldwide for qualified transactions.
Our mission is to be one of the market leaders for this class of insurance.
LAU brings together:
- Knowledgeable underwriters that add value to our client's business, understand the regional business practices and markets and are committed to the highest quality service.
- Financial strength through Allied World, with operational transparency and meaningful credit limits.
- Creative and diversified products that support a client's financing, marketing and risk management functions, that work with Basle II, are cost effective, rely on straightforward documentation, and respond efficiently to losses when they occur.
Further, the LAU business model has:
- A Singleness of Purpose - With a focus on Latin America, LAU has both a greater understanding of and expertise in the unique issues faced by importers and exporters in the region.
- A Proven Track Record - The Company follows underwriting practices based on 35 years of successful experience.
- A Management Team that:
- is entrepreneurial and innovative,
- has hands-on management experience, and
- has strong relationships in the insurance and trade finance markets.
- An Issuing Company in Allied World of indisputable security.